Ground check: Few enlightening thoughts I learned from my colleagues yesterday-
• ‘So what’ if Yogi is a goon at least he’s not corrupt.
• We have had enough with secularism, now it’s the time for Hindus to shine.
• Why can’t sth as simple as beef be banned when ‘other nations’ have far worse kinda bans/restrictions.
In short: everything is fine as long as the ‘others’ have to sacrifice their rights for the gratification of our communal ego.
This conversation could be taken as another example of post-truth era where facts do not matter because:
• Noone remembers which public office Yogi held earlier to prove himself an honest public servant.
• The idea of India secularism that prevents the ‘others’ from being made second class citizens is the real pain in the ass of these moderate Hindus.
• When it comes to justifying the culture of bans and prohibitions the ‘others nation’ they cite are obviously never the first world nations or even the second world nations but usually failed states like Somalia, Sudan and Pakistan.
I guess it’s the indication of a sick society that dreams of becoming the next superpower but wants its human rights to be just compatible with Pakistan and Iran.